Things to do
Villa LeGa’s manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help you with arranging transport or making any bookings. Feel free to ask our staff about the area around Batu Belig. Many of them live nearby and will also be able to give you an interesting insight into aspects of Bali life.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the many and varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villa.
- Villa Lega is adjacent to Tropicola Beach Club and within walking distance from Seminyak’s most glamourous beach clubs including W hotel, Ku Dé Ta and Potato Head — perfect for watching the sunset.
- A nice sunset alternative is to walk along the sand towards Berawa Beach (2km) where there are plenty of cafés offering great views and cold beer. A little further down towards Batu Bolong Beach, you’ll find Old Mans, another sunset institution. It has a relaxed Sydney-style beer garden, casual meals and live music on the weekend.
- Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel, is just a hundred metres further up the road and was created by one of Indonesia’s premier art collectors. It provides a range of atmospheric dining experiences.
- Bali attracts some of the world’s top DJ talent. Clubs like Jenja, En-Vie in Seminyak and SkyGarden in nearby Kuta will keep you entertained into the early hours
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, one of the most cosmopolitan areas in Bali. Here, you can indulge for hours in stylish and chic boutiques.
- There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid-range and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too. Fine dining venues include Sarong, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Finns Recreation Club, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts. Round off your workout with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Canggu Deli.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Villa LeGa is just 15km from the famous sea temple of Tanah Lot. This is one of the most sacred temples in Bali and also one of its most popular tourist attractions. Especially during peak season, you can expect a lot of people and camera phones if you visit during sunset. We always advise visiting early in the morning (8-9am) when there are less people and you’ll have a much better chance to really experience the power of this location.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (eatery) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.